By Martin Jones,Rhys Jones,Michael Woods,Mark Whitehead,Deborah Dixon,Matthew Hannah
An advent to Political Geography maintains to supply a broad-based creation to modern political geography for college students following undergraduate measure classes in geography and comparable topics.
The text explores the whole breadth of up to date political geography, protecting not just conventional issues resembling the nation, geopolitics, electoral geography and nationalism; but in addition expanding very important parts on the state of the art of political geography study together with globalization, the geographies of rules and governance, geographies of coverage formula and supply, and issues on the intersection of political and cultural geography, together with the politics of position intake, landscapes of strength, citizenship, identification politics and geographies of mobilization and resistance.
This moment edition builds at the strengths of the 1st. the most alterations and improvements are:
- four new chapters on: political geographies of globalization, geographies of empire, political geography and the surroundings and geopolitics and important geopolitics
- significant updating and revision of the prevailing chapters to debate key advancements, drawing on contemporary educational contributions and political events
- new case experiences, drawing on more and more foreign and worldwide examples
- additional packing containers for key ideas and an enlarged glossary.
As with the 1st version, broad use is made from case learn examples, illustrations, explanatory containers, courses to additional examining and a thesaurus of key words to provide the cloth in an simply available demeanour. via employment of those recommendations this book introduces scholars to contributions from more than a few social and political theories within the context of empirical case learn examples. by way of supplying a uncomplicated advent to such innovations and pointing to pathways into extra expert fabric, this booklet serves either as a center textual content for first- and moment- 12 months classes in political geography, and as a source along supplementary textbooks for extra expert 3rd 12 months courses.
Read or Download An Introduction to Political Geography: Space, Place and Politics PDF
Similar human geography books
The one ebook of its sort, this balanced and accessibly written textual content explores the geographical research of faith. Roger W. Stump provides a transparent and meticulous exam of the intersection of non secular trust and perform with the thoughts of position and house. He starts by means of reading the standards that experience formed the spatial distributions of spiritual teams, together with the seminal occasions that experience fostered the association of religions in different hearths and the next tactics of migration and conversion that experience unfold spiritual ideals.
This ebook examines transborder Latin American sociocultural and spatial stipulations around the globe and at diverse scales, from gendered and racialized members to nationwide and transnational organisations. amassing students from the "spatial sciences"—architecture, city layout, city making plans, and geography—as good as sociology, anthropology, background, and economics, the amount explores those transbordering practices of position making and group construction throughout cultural and geographical region borders, interpreting varied brokers (individuals, ethnic and cultural teams, NGOs, govt enterprises) which are engaged in transnational/transborder dwelling and city-making practices, reconceiving notions of country, identification, and citizenship and exhibiting how subjected populations face up to, adapt, or coproduce transnational/transborder initiatives and, within the method, support form and are formed as transborder matters.
There is not any doubt that “economy” is a key-phrase in modern existence, but what constitutes economic climate is more and more contested terrain. drawn to construction “other worlds,” J. okay. Gibson-Graham have argued that the economic system is not just diversified but in addition open to experimentations that foreground the health and wellbeing of people and nonhumans alike.
Cet ouvrage cherche à comprendre, à partir de l’exemple de l. a. Côte d’Albâtre, quelle est l. a. relation nouvelle créée, par les activités physiques de nature, entre l’homme et le milieu littoral. Il s’agit de rendre compte des médiations territoriales à l’œuvre en multipliant les prises sur l’objet : les adjustments concernent les usages comme les représentations, aussi bien que los angeles gestion des littoraux.
- Geopolitical Traditions: Critical Histories of a Century of Geopolitical Thought (Critical Geographies)
- Freiraum und Verhalten: Soziologische Aspekte der Nutzung und Planung städtischer Freiräume. Eine Einführung (German Edition)
- Transforming Urban Economies: Policy Lessons from European and Asian Cities (LSE Cities)
- Large Dams in Asia: Contested Environments between Technological Hydroscapes and Social Resistance (Advances in Asian Human-Environmental Research)
- Geography of the National Health (RLE Social & Cultural Geography): An Essay in Welfare Geography (Routledge Library Editions: Social and Cultural Geography)
- Social Creatures: A Human and Animal Studies Reader
Extra resources for An Introduction to Political Geography: Space, Place and Politics
An Introduction to Political Geography: Space, Place and Politics by Martin Jones,Rhys Jones,Michael Woods,Mark Whitehead,Deborah Dixon,Matthew Hannah